Monday, April 4, 2011

Loners


Thank God for friends who support no matter how many years of being friendship-weather beaten they get.
Thank God for people who want to stick with you after weeks of emotional storms.

And I'm watching people fall into the floor around me as I sit and write in this library.

Perhaps my society has chosen to feed the human need to be liked, rather than the human need to be loved. Maybe they don't know the difference.

300 people like the careful things I say on the internet.
3 people love me, despite them.

And I'm listening to the universal bubble of conversation that shelters my thoughts. Like cold water over so many river rocks.
To know so many minds behind so many lies would be a wonder.

A scattered effigy
It's only poetry.

. . . annnnddd goodnight.


No comments:

Post a Comment